Unfortunately for AT&T the Justice Department in ruling against their T Mobil merger decided that the facts of the merger’s anti competitive harms trumped politics. As a supporter of the Open Internet wanting Network Neutrality rules of nondiscrimination to prevent centralization, exploitation and control of the Web by corporations to extend to mobile broadband and wireless services I was no doubt glad that the merger was denied. No doubt AT&T will try to convince Justice to reconsider its decision and try to fight the antitrust lawsuit in court. We have to continue exposing AT&T’s lies about the merger’s so called benefits for consumers but for now let’s celebrate this win. I applaud the Justice Department for its historic and terrific ruling against Ma Bell choosing to deny them an anti competitive Ma Cell. I also call on the FCC to deny this merger also.
The Obama Administration is rightly focused on policies to create jobs in this country and is protecting jobs that would be destroyed if the merger proceeded. I am writing extensively about the decision by Justice to deny the merger of AT&T and T Mobil because this is a big win for consumers and the wireless market. It’s unfortunate that some conservatives are siding with AT&T and complaining about Justice’s decision to protect consumers and competition in the wireless market. We need to remind conservative lawmakers who their constituents really are and that if they don’t stop siding with corporate lobbyists we can and will vote them out of office. Clearly we have more work to do but for now as I’ve noted earlier let’s celebrate.
- First Blog Entry Fri Jul 29 (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com
- Second Blog Entry Tues Aug 2nd (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)
- Third Blog Entry Tues Aug 2nd (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)
- Fourth Blog Entry Fri Aug 5th (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)
- Fifth Blog Entry Wed Aug 17 (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)
- Sixth Blog Entry Thurs Aug 18 (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)
- Seventh Blog Entry Fri Aug 19 (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)
- Eighth Blog Entry Fri Aug 19 (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)
- Ninth Blog Entry Fri Aug 19 (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)
- Tenth Blog Entry Sat Aug 20 (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)
- Eleventh Blog Entry Sat Sept 3rd (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com
- Twelfth Blog Entry Sat Sept 3rd (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)
- Thirteenth Blog Entry Sat Sept 3rd (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)