I have previously written about the Justice Department’s decision using antitrust law to protect competition and deny AT&T Mobility a spectrum monopoly in the wireless market by filing suit to stop Ma Bell’s merger with T Mobil USA so they could establish an anti competitive Ma Cell. I have also written about my pleasure in learning the FCC might also rule against the merger finding it in violation of the public interest. I was thrilled to hear of Justice’s ruling in the matter which supposedly surprised AT&T. I hope Justice wins at court but even if AT&T somehow won the news that the FCC might also reject the merger is good news for consumers and the wireless market.
Unfortunately some Republican lawmakers have decided to play politics with the decision and use the Justice Department decision as another excuse to accuse the Obama Administration of having an anti jobs and anti business agenda for the country. No doubt they have received campaign cash from AT&T and so they are upset with Justice’s decision having reviewed the facts to deny the merger. This is an outrage and we need to make clear to our lawmakers they are supposed to serve their constituents not the corporations funding their campaigns. We the people want more competition, consumer choice and innovation in the wireless market not less. We want lower prices and better service not the higher prices the merger would bring. So hit conservative critics hard on their criticism of the Justice Department.
- First Blog Entry Fri Jul 29 (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com
- Second Blog Entry Tues Aug 2nd (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)
- Third Blog Entry Tues Aug 2nd (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)
- Fourth Blog Entry Fri Aug 5th (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)
- Fifth Blog Entry Wed Aug 17 (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)
- Sixth Blog Entry Thurs Aug 18 (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)
- Seventh Blog Entry Fri Aug 19 (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)
- Eighth Blog Entry Fri Aug 19 (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)
- Ninth Blog Entry Fri Aug 19 (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)
- Tenth Blog Entry Sat Aug 20 (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)
- Eleventh Blog Entry Sat Sept 3rd (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com
- Twelfth Blog Entry Sat Sept 3rd (maneeshpangasa.wordpress.com)